[3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:34:56 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): NO5W, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1033  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 33  Total Score = 233,112

Club: Pesky Texan Contesters

Comments:

Another very active and fun 160 mtr CW contest season comes to a close.   Hope
it was as much fun for everyone that participated as it was for us from this
QTH.    As the CQ contest is more DX active and I might just work a few new
ones, I decided to use my station call (N1LN) instead of our contest call
(K5PTC) and take a chance on some rate impact for ¡§TX¡¨ repeats.   Guess it is
not an intuitive QTH for N1 but is fine for K5.  Well, only a few repeats ¡V so
guess we were loud enough to make it through on the first transmission most of
the time.

We had a marked increase from last years Q-count, but it does help to be able to
operate all the time the band is open.  Last year I got hit Friday night with a
computer virus event at the office and only had Friday night to operate.  This
year for the Multi-single class we actually had two ops + cluster so we were
covered.   Fortunately no work events so we were able to operate all but about 1
hr when we shut down due to lots of local lightening.   From a MULT perspective
¡V what happened to the VEs.   We missed VE4, VE5, NB, NF, LB, NWT, YT and, as
always NU.    The increase in DX did make up for it but would have been nice to
fill out the domestic sections and still have the DX.   After the storm our once
quiet band developed those wonderful +20db static crashes.   That started about
mid-night Sunday morning and was really good for the headache.  By about 3:00am
the 3 pill headache was upon us.   Anyway, overall conditions were GREAT.    I
could not believe hearing as many EU stations as loud as they were and pushing
the S-meter up to S5 on my shorty beverages from my ¡¥just north of Houston,
TX¡¦ QTH.   Not normal for my QTH, but Chuck and I enjoyed it ?º

And last but not least, thanks for all the ops that had the patience for the
¡§agn¡¨ repeats and for those OPS that actually called ¡§QRL¡¨ instead of just
starting to call CQ like some¡K..and I am sure you know who you are.   If I did
that to anyone, I am indeed sorry and please let me know about it.  I tried to
always ask first.   And, if I had any Key Clicks - - let me know that too.   I
did notice a few signals with Clicks, but even that was down this year.   Must
be most of the MP owners (self included) have the mods installed finally !

Until next year¡V(or in the upcoming Sprint¡K..)73 from the Pesky Texan
Contesters

Bruce ¡V N1LN ( K5PTC ) and Chuck ¡V NO5W

EQUIPMENT:
FT1000-MP
AL-1500
Inverted-L @ 85' (4 1/8 wave elevated radials)