[3830] CQ160 CW K6TQ(WN6K) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@cts.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6TQ(WN6K) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:09:48 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6TQ
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: K6TQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 715  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 8  Total Score = 97,600

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Station:
 Radio - 1000D
 Amp   - Alpha 87A

Ant:
  127 Ft. Vertical was the Transmitting antenna (4 radials)
  600 ft. long Bev. was the primary 'ears' (NE)
  340 ft. Bev (secondary but too short according to Bill-K6TQ) (SE)
  2 - 10ft. high DPs (sometimes useful for the FEW and fearful)
  1 Sloper off of a pipe tower (but we got some re-excitation from the Vertical
which caused too many problems.

My thanks to  Bill and Dodie for letting me invade his shack.  Bill is
enthusiatic about 160 (177 countries) but is not a contester so it was a last
minute ploy to beg my way into their lives.  I live about five miles away but
light years when it comes to antennas.  In the past, I have 'dabbled' in the 160
contests, running low power and loading anything that would stand still so it
was fun to try Bill's station out at full power and the ability to work stuff.

Country counts are light years aways from our west coast locations however and
it certainly does show in the score.

Thanks to all of the weak signals that helped me with repeats...we need to get
the word out however that the QSB is usually short to the point that when we ask
for SUFFIX over, we will be asking again if you resend your whole call as most
of you hit the turf on your suffixes on your second and third and ....

73's and now back to LP as usual,

Paul, WN6K