[3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:09:48 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 347  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 26  Total Score = 69,996

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Time spent, about 6 hours.

Missed VT and DC and all VE but VY2 and VE 2, 3 and 7.

DX worked: PJ2, V3, KP2, T9, EA8, 9A, C6A, FM, HI, KP4, YU, S5, JA, ZL, XE, KH6,
ZF, D4, CO, EA, I, F, CT, PY0F, and DL,

The opening to EU seemed to peak about 06Z Saturday morning (midnight local
Friday night).  They might have gotten better at 07Z but I went to bed.  AI got
back on at 1200Z Saturday, and the JAs and ZL6QH were quite loud.  Europe never
seemed that good to me Saturday night, although EU was workable.  The Euros were
pee weak here on the beverage both nights.  Literally 229 and they seemed to
hear me about the same, with long laborious repeats of N3BB and TX over and
over.

I called M0C in England over and over and... but could only get an occasional
"?."  I heard K5NA call people in pileups and I never could hear the station
Richard was calling, and they would come back the first call!  It is clear that
the really good stations on 160 are heads and shoulders better than my station.
There is a lot of work on transmitting and receiving for me to do on top band!

But it was fun.