[3830] CQ160 CW ES5Q(@ES5TV) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tonno@lhv.ee
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ES5Q(@ES5TV) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:29:10 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ES5Q
Operator(s): ES5TV,ES5MC,ES5QX
Station: ES5TV

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 42

Total:  QSOs = 1291  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 71  Total Score = 546,555

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

Frustrating to read comments about great US-EU openings and 59 signals over the
pond. This is not the EU we are in. Maybe things will improve in summer when
Estonia has joined European Union! 9 USA QSOs through ionized northern path. All
S&P and hard work. Full size wire vertical and ACOM 2000A seems to be 5w into
mobile whip comparing our results to southerners or westerners:) But the hell
with it, that's life...

I try to comfort myself with saying that we might have better going to east. But
this time JAs were also cut off by Aurora. Only 3 JAs. 70 ASIA, 3 AFRICA, 2
OCEANIA, 2 SA, 1 NA and 3 VE.

Other good DX: XV1X, 9V1GO, PJ2S, PR0F, AX6HD, VP5/VE3NE, VR2MY, VU2BGS, YE0X.

Sad not to work FM5GU and KV4FZ this year. Never even heard a whisper.

We are glad to exceed our last years result despite bad conditions and to get so
high QSO count... maybe we can be in top EU with that at least:) Here I have to
thank Czech mothers who seem to have specialized growing hams, endless flow of
OK stations keeps amazing us in last years' contests. When everybody is worked
there is always another OK station that calls in, thanks guys!:)

We had great time and congratulations to Juhan - ES5QX, who is going to be 50
years young on Jan 28th.

73
Tonno
ES5TV