[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, esteeble@sc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:43:46 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): KD3SA,K3RUQ,W3BTX,W3PAW,W3TEF,W3YOZ,WR3Z,K4VV,W9NET
Station: W3SO

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN00
Operating Time (hrs): 31

    6:  247    44
    2:  410    56
  222:  111    33
  432:  180    43
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  948   176  Total Score = 218,064

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

There was 14 inches on snow on the ground at the beginning of the contest. On
Saturday night the temperature went to -10 degrees. And another foot fell late
Sunday evening. Luckily we had no antenna or rotor problems. But the bad wx and
the league scheduling this contest on the same weekend as another major contest,
the CQ 160 CW contest, did affect the number of participants.
     The 222 rig was fixed and we were able to work CW, as well as SSB and FM.
Also W3SO now has a Henry Amp for 222. It was run at 400w. Complete station
details are at www.qrz.com/w3so.
      Again thanks to the rovers for the QSOs and we look forward to the QSOs in
June.