[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6an@pghmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6UE) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:44:14 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   74    1:20
   40:  148    1:40
   20:  111    1:00
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Thank you all for another fabulous Sprint.  It is great to hear and work so many
regulars.  And welcome to the operators who are experiencing the Sprint for the
first time.  I hope you participate again in September.
Congratulations to N6TR and K4AAA for their big scores.
This is my second time over 300 Qs and over 14k.  Interestingly, the numbers are
almost identical to a year ago when I topped 300 for the first time.  Yet the
two experiences were quite different.  Last time I got off to a great start and
kept my momentum except for a slower 3rd hour.  This time my first hour was 10
Qs better and I was on par at half way.  Then I really lost steam in the 3rd
hour.  I had decided to wait on 80 until 03Z which might explain why I lost
rate, but it is probably just my struggle to maintain focus that slowed things
down.  I had a good last hour, including catching XE2 for a great last mult.

Despite the chaos that the Sprint appears to be, I had only a few QSOs that I
couldn't complete.  There is something amazing about the order we all manage to
create out of this chaos.  And that is where much of the thrill is for me.

I stuck to SO1R using a TS950SDX, Alpha 78 and four antennas; 5 el on 20,
KT34XA, 4el 40m KLM and dipole for 80.  I need to keep it simple in order to
function, hi!  Hats off to you serious SO2R types.

Tim's suggestion of a 3rd Sprint per year sounds interesting...

73, David N6AN/XE1NTT