[3830] CQ160 CW K6SE Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6se@juno.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6SE Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:18:49 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6SE
Operator(s): K6SE, KH6DX
Station: K6SE

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 553  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 18  Total Score = 123,840

Club:

Comments:

Don, KH6DX and I multiop'd from the salt lake bed with a balloon-supported
1/4-wave vertical.  The winds were calm the first night and we thought we did
pretty well.  We QRT'd at sunrise Saturday morning and went to sleep, looking
forward to an exciting 2nd night.  At 10:30 AM the wind shaking the trailer woke
us both up.  The balloon was hitting the ground in the wind, and on one of its
bounces, it popped. We had a spare balloon and enough helium to fill it, so we
waited around for the wind to subside but it only got worse, so we packed up
and went home at about 3:00 PM.  A disappointment, but we are pleased with our
one-night effort.  Maybe next year!

73, de Earl, K6SE