[3830] RTTY WPX DL6JZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl6jz@darc.de
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX DL6JZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:46:59 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: DL6JZ
Operator(s): DL6JZ
Station: DL6JZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:  241   918
   40:  245  1040
   20:  140   326
   15:   93   241
   10:   12    36
-----------------
Total:  731  2561  Prefixes = 319  Total Score = 816,959

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

This was one of the more frustrating contests for me. My goal was to reach 950
QSOs and some 1,000,000 points. That was nearly my result in the last WPX. The
lower SFI value should be compensated by
- using the packet cluster,
- an increased count of 80/40-m-QSO's and
- a more suitable time table.

But on saturday afternoon my cluster node lost its link to the cluster. The
conds on the upper bands seemed to be bad. There were NO runs on 20/15/10 metres
possible. No JA-stns on 15 m, only a few US-stns on 20 m. And so on so on. Since
the result after the first 17 operating hours was quite well (515 QSOs and
520,000 points) the whole sunday was a desaster. Only 215 QSO's in 13 hours. I
don't want to determine the effective QSO rate! 80 m and 40 m were overcrowded
with a lot of strong european signals. There had only some very strong dx-stns
the ability to come over the steady S9-QRM-level. BTW KM4M was regularly louder
on 80/40 m than the Europeans, really! Now I have to sit down and think over
what I did wrong. Because some stations located nearby like SP6EKS, OK2BXW and
others got a significant better result than me.

See you in BARTG with better results!