[3830] RTTY WPX CT3EE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX CT3EE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:51:23 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: CT3EE
Operator(s): CT3EE
Station: CT3EE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Fnchal
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:    0    0
   40:    0    0
   20:  109  325
   15:  186  557
   10:   13   39
-----------------
Total:  308  921  Prefixes = 205  Total Score = 188,805

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Great Contest. Made this time from my personal QTH, located in the south of the
island in the capital city, Funchal.
 Rig used FT1000MP 100 W and a tribander. The modem was a KAM, software WF1B and
an old portable Toshiba Computer, 486 Proc. I had tremendous problems in
activating the ptt fom the rig, I spent 3 days trying diferent solutions, with
diferent connectiions. Tried to use the MMTTY program with the soundboard in the
last moment with no luck. The Radio PTT did not work at all. CT3BD and CT3IA,
tried to help me on Friday during all day, no other rig was availlable so the
solution found to activate the PTT during the contest was with the footswitch.
Every transmission, started with a loooonng biiiip, and then the kam started to
modulate. Even with that problem it was really fun, big signals. On Sunday
morning I had QRL, expecting that in the afternoon I could spend more time in
the contest. Unfortunnatly I had big private problems on Sunday afternoon and
the contest was off.
Congratulations to everybody who participated, and of course many thanks to all
the stations who contacted me.