[3830] ARRLDX CW OZ8AE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oz8ae@mail.tele.dk
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OZ8AE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:53:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OZ8AE
Operator(s): OZ8AE
Station: OZ8AE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virum
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    -     -
   80:   48    22
   40:   76    29
   20:  132    40
   15:  186    43
   10:   33    16
-------------------
Total:  475   150  Total Score = 213,750

Club:

Comments:

A very relaxed weekend but joined the contesters. Condx on saturday was with a
very wide open 15 meter band and fair openings on ten into USA.
On sunday 15 meter band opened up later than expected and the openings on ten
were short, no strong signals and with QRN op top for the most of the time.
Southern Europe could work US but very hard here.
Testet out my IC-706MKIIG, IC-740 and IC-746 under contest conditions.
Used W9INN 160/80 meter sloper but put up in an Inverted L configuration with
elevated feedpoint (8 ft) and tuned radials.
My 40 meter vertical loop again proved to be a winner.
For 10-15-20 meter I used my TH3MK4 at 35 ft.