[3830] CQ160 SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1zm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:35:58 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1243  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 61  Total Score = 902,700

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great Condx!

And, it was almost as much fun getting to the station this time as it was the
week before with K1LZ.

It snowed all day Thurs and the Northside Road was all but impassable.  Under
total WHITEOUT condx, I headed the last stretch of the way and did not see a
snowdrift in the middle of the road.  Whoomph!  I was in it - and it took three
hours to get me out - then replow the road.

It was only 2 miles to my driveway and almost got stuck again when drifting snow
closed the road that had been opened not 30 mins before!

The walk in took 3 hours in even deeper snowdrifts - some half the way up
telephone poles.  The snow was almost up to the gutters on the farmhouse sitting
next to my laneway as I walked by it.

The CROWNING BLOW?  On the way out, a large mourning dove flew across the road
and hit the front of my car - it came out of nowhere.  I thought it had just
glanced off - NOPE - it took out the grill and embedded itself in the radiator
of the rental car.  Feathers everywhere inside the engine compartment too....

Even now, I am still making arrangements with Budget car rental and Met Life to
fix the car.

No rest for the weary!

Hope to CU this weekend in ARRL DX SSB - if I can get up there again.

It is due to RAIN on Thursday - so we shall see how it goes!

73 JEFF

K1ZM/VY2ZM

K1ZM@aol.com