[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4VU SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bitslinger420@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4VU SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:42:44 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4VU
Operator(s): K4VU
Station: K4VU

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Alabama Y'all
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  183    76
   10:
-------------------
Total:  183    76  Total Score = 41,724

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

strictly part time, strictly s&p.  was a busy weekend away from the radio, so
only dabbled, and played dx'er.  no mike for the 756, so had to use the IC706.
only running 100 watts, no ssb filters and a dipole, so getting serious in a
phone test is out of the question.  thanks to everyone for digging me out of the
QRM.

highlight:  hearing 5U7JB shout 'war eagle!' after i gave him a '59 alabama'.

my last contest from the alabanana republic for a while -- looks like i'm headed
to charlottesville, va very soon.  my fiance (K0LAA) phoned yesterday with
details of the ham dream '100 acre farm on the hill' that we will soon be
invading (she signed the paperwork this morning).  haven't even seen the place
yet, but i've already got a beverage and two towers planned.

73/robin/k4vu