[3830] ARRLDX SSB IR4X M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, claudio.veroli@tin.it
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB IR4X M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:35:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: IR4X
Operator(s): I4VEQ I4TJE IZ3EYZ
Station: IR4X

Class: M/S HP
QTH: BOLOGNA ITALY
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:   21    14
   80:  205    36
   40:  941    60
   20: 1655    62
   15: 1473    61
   10:    8     6
-------------------
Total: 4303   239  Total Score = 3,085,251

Club:

Comments:

Despite of terrific weather conditions and non existent propagation on 10
meters, it was one of  the best ARRL test I never have been partecipating.
40, 20 and 15 were fantastic and QSOs rates were very high for a simple I
station.
80 were over our usual performances.
On 10 only a little propagation to area 9 for a couples of minutes on Sunday
afternoon. On saturday only K4WI was 57, but no other signals on the band. Where
the other US were??? hi!!

After an heavy snow, during the week before the contest we arranged some
emergency dipoles for 80 and 160.  All the work was done with 70 centimeter of
snow on the ground.
During the week end the weather got worse and it was snowing continuosly from
saturday afternoon through the end.
So we stay almost isolated on Monte Capra, but in these case it's a great thing
having a very good restaurant only 100 meters away from the shack..HI.

Great pile up & fun for the three operators... Matteo IZ3EYZ did a great and
continuos job, Paolo I4TJE always run at 200 QSOs/hour, I enjoyed a great 40
meters band.
QRM was tremendous and we are sorry for the all the station we were not able to
copy.
Special thank goes to John VE8JL for giving us a difficult multiplier on three
bands.
ARRL is always a great contest and running US pile up is always
fantastic....thanks everybody.

73 de Claudio I4VEQ & Monte Capra Contest Team IR4X.