[3830] WiQP K8IR Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP K8IR Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:27:57 -0800
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR KG8CX
Station: K8IR

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   54
   40:  255     9
   20:  136
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  445     9  Mults = 50  Total Score = 73,925.0

Club: BAY AREA WIRELESS

Comments:

First, a big thanks to my driver, Ed, KG8CX, who expertly guided us through
weather and road conditions that included at times heavy snow showers, wind
gusts of 35 MPH, drifting snow, and many, many snow covered stretches. Despite
these conditions, we made 13 of the 14 planned counties.  Some of our counties
reported up to 7 inches of snow in the Saturday afternoon storm. Ed was the
MVP on this team!

Our first contact was with NE9U/M in Bayfield County. It was two hours later
before we worked another Wisconsin station, W9CHD as we went through his
home county of Lincoln.  40 meters was too long for in-state contacts for us.
We did keep busy on 40 and 20 working out of state stations. We perhaps
waited too long, until 2300, to throw on the 80 meter antenna, where we
finally started logging some county mutipliers.

My apologies for being somewhat of an alligator.  My ignition noise,
especially on 40, needs some attention.

Thanks to all who called in. It was nice to hear many familar calls from other
states. We hope to see you in the Michigan QSO Party on April 17th when
we hope the weather will be better, but there's no guarantee of that
in the Upper Peninsula.

The score includes the per county bonus points.