[3830] Rus DX ZL4HH SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX ZL4HH SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:48:57 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: ZL4HH
Operator(s): ZL4HH(ZL2BR)
Station: ZL4HH

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:    2     3
   40:   45    34
   20:  355    99
   15:   61    34
   10:
-------------------
Total:  463   170  Total Score = 549,100

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My first year in the RDXC. Original weekend plan was to operate BARTG Spring
RTTY contest, then received email from SRR inviting me to enter RDXC. Checked
out the RDX web site and was very impressed with the information provided,
especially for the 2003 contest results. Possibly the most useful and
informative set of results I have seen for all the 25-30 contests I am
interested in.

>From a ZL prospective, 20m was the best band, 15m was very patchy, no signals
>of
any sort CW, RTTY or SSB heard on 10m. Was disappointed with 40m, had hoped it
would be better than it turned out to be.

My new callsign ZL2HH caused problems, at least 25% of stations I called thought
it was SS, SH, HS, IS, RH, DD etc etc - very frustrating, transmission speed did
not seem to be the problem, at 20 or 30wpm the results were the same.

My thanks to those I worked, and those who called but I could not hear or copy,
the helpful operators who spotted me on the dx-cluster and of course the RDXC
organisers.

73,
Frank ZL4HH (aka ZL2BR)