[3830] Rus DX OK1RI SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1ri@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OK1RI SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 03:58:45 -0800
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OK1RI
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  219  50+36
   80:  283  42+40
   40:  652  68+62
   20:  707  72+62
   15:  447  43+55
   10:  114  27+30
-------------------
Total: 2417    587  Total Score = 9,694,892

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Equipment Description:
IC775 + PPAs
160m - 47m vertical + 150 radials
80m - 3 el deltaloop apex @ 42m to NW playing on SSB only + single loop apex @
25m for CW.
40m - 2 x 4Y (full size) @ 52/26m upper rot. bottom to USA
20m - 2 x 6Y @ 26/13m + 5Y @ 52m (other tower) + 6Y @ 13m (again other tower)
15m - 3 x 6Y @ 32/23/14m
10m - 4 x 6Y @ 31/25/19/13m
+ 3 phased 345m bevereges to NW
+ 1 345m beverage to W
+ 1 345m beverage to NE

Single radio only.

First try in this one.... The strategy is so different compared to any other
contest, next time will do better. HUGE activity !!!!!

I planned to play first time with N1MM and most important was to try out N1MM,
not the contest itselves but later I decided to try serious efort. I had some
problems with N1MM but I believe most of it was "in between the chair and the
keyoard".

I knew I am not competitive on 80m - the SSB antenna worked great into USA but
was marginal to the East. The CW loop on CW was OK, but somehow I spent more
time on 160 and it is visible on the score there.
On 160 + 80 I screw up the multipliers I do not have S5, 9A etc - would you
believe it ?
In sunday I could make more QSOs beeing on 20m but I spent a lot of time on 10m
to dig some multipliers - if it was worth while ????

Thanks for calling !!

73
Jiri
OK1RI