[3830] ARRLDX SSB P40L(W6LD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jfore@wsgr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB P40L(W6LD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:53:59 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40L
Operator(s): W6LD
Station: P40L

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 37.7
Radios: SO2R

  160:  246    51
   80:  594    58
   40:  708    59
   20: 1228    62
   15: 1866    61
   10: 1860    59
-------------------
Total: 6502   350  Total Score = 6,827,100

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first phone contest from outside the U.S.  Also, first 48 hour
single-op contest, first time using WriteLog (other than fumbling around as an
op in a multi-single setting where others had done all the set-up) and first
time with SO2R (albeit of limited utility in this contest).  All in all, quite a
steep learning curve.

Last minute unexpected RFI issues precluded operation during the first and last
hours of the contest.  While intially this was quite discouraging, it eventually
turned into a positive as I realized it provided me with a convenient excuse for
relaxing a bit and not driving hard through the slow hours of each day,
something I had dreaded.  Seriously, my hat is off to those who put in the full
48 hour or near 48 hour efforts.

Had a great time and learned a lot.  Most things worked as planned and
conditions on the low bands were excellent.  Thanks for all the contacts!

73,

John
W6LD/P40L