[3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K7ZSD SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:37:58 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  761
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  761  Prefixes = 361  Total Score = 1,055,203

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Forty Meter Single Band

I sat down in the chair at 00 zulu, 4 PM local, still daylight of course, put
the head phones on, worked 8 stateside stations in 20 minutes, took the head
phones off, and went to the couch. It had been a long week, finished work early
Friday afternoon, spent two hours in the driving rain changing feed lines to use
both the small and large forty beams with a power divider, and then to hear 10
over atmospheric and rain noise was too much. Beaming East into lightning storms
is like staring into the sun.

Well, the juices started flowing when I sat back down after a two hour nap,
pointed the antennas way north to ease the noise, and went till 7 am both
mornings and had fun. The Europe opening here in the northwest is always
suspect, but Saturday eve it was really good for about 90 minutes. The JA runs
lasted for a couple of hours both early mornings, and the Pacific mults were
there from midnight till morning. I worked many DX stations twice, the first
time with the report ?listen up.? I think I should get double points for this
trick.  When running above, and having a listening frequency down, I had the
pleasure of giving reports to stations not working me. When they answered
questions I didn?t ask was the first clue. The joy of sharing the same frequency
below. Only on 40 meters, and I love it??see you next year??Thank you all??.Brad

               40M           %

NA             360          47.3
AF              5            0.7
EU             35            4.6