[3830] WPX SSB K6VVA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K6VVA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:35:15 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Silicon Valley
Operating Time (hrs): ?

------------
  160:   13
   80:   74
   40:   39
   20:   74
   15:   78
   10:   46
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-870S/100w, Carolina Windom & 12AVQ - in a valley hole

A few personal observations & thoughts during a very part-time on/off
participation from my teenie-weenie "Practice Station" before getting to play
with the folks at NR6O on Sunday for a while.  What an Antenna Farm Ken
(N6RO)has there!!!

1. Apparently, the legal authorized power limit in several South American
countries has been raised to 50KW or more :-)

2. Since most of the transceivers used in contesting today were designed &
produced in Japan, I find it quite odd that the audio of so many JA stations
sounded like mud.

3. IMHO, DX stations who only give their callsign once per every TEN QSOs should
be banned from the contest.  Gheeez.

4. One USA station repeatedly gave out only serial numbers with no signal
report.  I wonder how legal the logs are for those who QSO'd this station.
Hmmm...

5. DVK units that result produce a Jet Engine noise background and wide splatter
should be NUKED off the planet.

6. There must be some legal way of disabling or dismembering the Foreign
Broadcast stations in the 40 meter phone band.

7. Big towers with multi-stacked beams are beautiful works of Art & Science and
should end up in the Smithsonian at some point.