[3830] WPX SSB WA8REI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KLOUKS@USOL.COM
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WA8REI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:23:33 -0800
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WA8REI
Operator(s): WA8REI
Station: WA8REI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Freeland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 11.7

------------
  160:    1
   80:    1
   40:    5
   20:   70
   15:   23
   10:   17
------------

Club:

Comments:

117 QSOs, 212 Points x 101 Prefixes = 21,412 Total Score.  QRP!
33 Countries outside the U.S.   Continents; NA, SA, EU, AS
Rig: Yaesu FT-817 with stock mike; default mike gain/compression;
Power: 5 watts output
Antennas:  20 m. inv vee at 30 ft; 135 end fed longwire 5/30ft; MFJ941E tuner;
Hustler 4BTV Vertical mounted on 2x2' MFJ antenna base, no radials.
My first ever CQ WPX SSB at QRP power.
My first ever electronic log submission (tnx WB6BWZ and VE3WMB for help).
Op time very limited - 11.7 hours total.
Many thanks to stations who required repeats to make the QSO. You're A-1 ops!
Best DX: RD3A, 20 m. Russia.
S9 noise level on 40 m, and 80 and 160 even worse!
20 meters really hot from the get-go, and open around the clock.
QSB on 10m and 15m deep and quick--stations came and went like twinkling
stars.
No JA, VK, ZL, KH6, KL7 heard at ANY time!
C U in CQ WPX CW, ARRL SS CW, ARRL Field Day, ARS Monthly Sprints.
Look for me in mid-August as MM0KAL on Shetland Isles IOTAs and lighthouses!