[3830] Avril W6IOS/LX4(N6DE) SOSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Avril W6IOS/LX4(N6DE) SOSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:47:41 -0800
                    50th Annual Poisson d\'Avril Contest

Call: W6IOS/LX4
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: W6IOS

Class: SOSB QRP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 1

       80:
       40:
       20:
       11:
      Ch3:
      UHF:
      10G:   8
    Light:
Telepathy:
----------------
    Total:   8  Mults = 64  Total Score = 7

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Why K1DG beat me this year:

I could only contact the other stations in the contest that were within
300meters, as I was restricted to LX4 operation in 10Gbps Ethernet.  I
originally planned to operate 10GE ER (signing W6IOS/ER), but my order from
Corning of single mode fiber was curiously "lost" until after the contest.  I
remembered that Corning headquarters are on the east coast and realized that
this is yet another example of the obvious east coast advantage in this
contest.

73...
-Dean - N6DE