[3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4bd@w4bd.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:12:43 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI8M
Operator(s): TI2KAC  W4BD   K4UN   NA4BW  TI2MOT   W4KTR  K4WPM
Station: TI8M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  209    43
   80:  756    57
   40:  564    56
   20: 1260    59
   15: 1404    60
   10: 1409    53
-------------------
Total: 5602   328  Total Score = 5,512,368

Club:

Comments:

WOW - Great Contest! The ARRL DX 'test continues to be a good contest for our
group to operate from Costa Rica. The M/2 category certainly is the most
competitive in this contest but luckily our group does this for the fun, not for
final placement.

Our TI8M crew added several new ops this year, including TI2MOT and continued to
increase our fun and Q's. It's really great to operate with two local hams,
TI2MOT and our old friend, TI2KAC, both avid contestors. We remain committed to
having fun and increasing our "fun factor" with each contest while making
appropriate dents in the local seafood population.

We spent an extra 1/2 day getting the 160m sloper up in it's usual position and
it proved worthy with 209 Q / 43 M. The low bands are certainly playing a bigger
part in our results than previously. I heard one comment about our weak signal
on 160m but I stand by my reply that "We put our sloper in the tallest tree
around and just can't do much better!". At least 209 folks heard us.

We had excellent openings on 10m with 1410 Q / 53 M for a pleasant surprise.
Evidently 10m was not as good in the states so a big "Thanks!" for all who
worked us, especially the last few 10m mults we snagged, ID, MT, WY & NV, though
we never could find UT or ND on 10m.

We certainly have some ideas for our next effort with a Beverage at the top of
our list of "Gotta Have's". It's still alot of fun to do this with only two
yagi's hanging in trees and wire slopers for 40m/80m/160m. We used WriteLog for
the second time and utilized it's features a bit more with a few more options
yet to implement.

QSL Via TI2KAC - info on QRZ.com. Look for us in Oct in CQWW.

Bob - TI8/W4BD -- W4BD