[3830] MiQP N8MR Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N8MR Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:55:46 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N8MR
Operator(s): N8MR, KC8NAH
Station: N8MR

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: WAYN
Operating Time (hrs): 7.6

   80:   46     28
   40:   82     74
   20:   51      2
   15:    2
   10:
--------------------
Total:  181    104  CW Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 47  Total Score = 44,736

Club: Motor City Radio Club

Comments:

Station: Yaesu FT-920, Carolina Windom 80 at 50 feet.

This was our first MiQP and we had no idea how much fun we were missing. We
never knew Wayne county was somewhat rare in this event. It was a blast
providing it for those whom sought us out.

After a several-hour delay, I started out calling CQ on 15 Meters - first CW
then Phone - to a fairly dead band. It was a good thing, since it gave me the
opportunity to fine tune the logging program and CW memories. I switched to 20
Meters, where the activity was more plentiful. But the real hotbed of activity
was 40 Meters. Should have switched to that band earlier.

We had to keep correcting ourselves, since we are so used to giving out
Sweepstakes exchanges. Sorry to all the mobile stations that I kept getting a
"B4" from us. That was a combination of us still thinking "Sweepstakes" and
Writelog displaying previously worked callsigns in red. I was surprised to find
that DX contacts didn't count as multipliers!

As the end of the contest crept up on us, the rate dropped off suddenly at 0330
UTC on 80 Meters. Either the bands folded up or everyone ended the contest
early.

We're already making plans for next year. Thanks to all whom worked us.

73,
Mike, N8MR