[3830] FlQP K4XS SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K4XS SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:49:51 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:           45
   20:         2154
   15:          163
   10:            0
--------------------
Total:   0     2362  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 123  Total Score = 290,526

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

OJ would have been thrilled with all the activity.  Although conditions were up
and down, there was a bottom less pit of stations to work.

I am constantly amazed at the level of newcomer's abilties in doing a simple
phone exchange. Phonetics seem to be beyond the realm of most of the new guys.
I guess they don't use them on 2 meters.  Time and time again a station would
call in with an ESP siganl and not use any phonetics, and when asked to repeat
his call using phonetics, would repeat it WITHOUT them...sigh!

The "the net is meeting on this frequency in ten minutes, you have to QSY" guys
are getting more and more testy when their requests are not honored.  Some
nitwit followed me around on 20 playing K9ES's CQs on top of me after I refused
to move to "the top of the band and do my contest up there."  I wasn't sure if
he was just really turned on by Eric's voice and wanted to hear it over and
over, or if he was just ticked off at me.  Maybe it was both.

I can just see OJ saying, "That's why I do CW".  RIP OJ.

K4XS