[3830] WPX SSB CQ9K M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct3ia@netmadeira.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB CQ9K M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:03:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: CQ9K
Operator(s): CT3BD CT3DL CT3DZ CT3EE CT3EN CT3HK CT3IA CT3IQ CT3KU CT3KY
Station: CQ9K

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:  316
   40:  890
   20: 2150
   15: 2404
   10:  780
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

We?ve made the setup for a Multi-Two operation, this time. Initially the plan
was to participate in Multi-Multi, but in the beginning of March we realize that
we did not had operators enough to make a good Muti Multi setup. We decided to
go on Multi-Two. The experienced operators were few, and we needed to put the
less experienced members operating in a real contest situation. The contest
started very nice, the rates were more or less good, compared with previous
operations. When the sun came up, we were all expecting a good propagation on 15
m and some openings on 10m. Along the day we realized that or main goal would be
very difficult to reach: beat the ST0RY last year score.
        During the second night, we were all very disgusted. From 0300 Zulu
until 0700,
the propagation for us was terrible. The band options did not work and, it seems
everybody went to bed. Bands were completely silent. 80m only the QRN, 40m as if
it was 10m (no noise, no signals), 20m some stations were heard, all already
worked. During the first hours of sun, no Japan was heard neither short nor long
path. Then conditions started to open on 20 and 15m, and it was more or less ok
until 2200 Zulu. Our options was to try as much as we could the 40 and 80m, but
suddenly on the last 2 hours we could only hear PS2T, D4B, DK1MM a  few others.
Al, D4B was running a pile up for States on 20m, and we could only hear him. At
the end, when we looked into our score, we realized that we had missed the
multipliers from JA. We could reach our main objective, but some things were
frustrating: finding JA stations, 10m band specially for States, and the lots of
time with nothing but noise on every band.
All the best to every participant, we thank all the stations who contacted us
and also a very big thanks to everyone who spotted us in the cluster, it was
really a big help.

All the best,
Madeira Team