[3830] NewEngQP NT1Y Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Bill@NT1Y.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP NT1Y Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:03:19 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: NT1Y
Operator(s): NT1Y
Station: NT1Y

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Topsham VT
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     70        6
   40:    289      130
   20:    319      345
   15:     70        4
   10:      6        0
------------------------
Total:    754      485  Mults = 100  Total Score = 200,000

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I am only reporting accurate QSOs here as my software isn't reporting mults
correctly (possible operator error during set-up).  I made a quick guess at the
correct mult and final score here and will post an updated figure when I find
the bug.

Got as much operating time as I could squeeze in between baby duties (5-month
old girl, our first) and going for an hour run on Sunday when the rates were
poor and it wasn't raining.

I intended to operate SO2R but discovered that I'd forgotten most of what I knew
about TR Log, so I elected to operate with a single rig while I relearned TR on
the job.  (I had been experimenting with various Windows logging programs over
the past two years but recently decided to return to TR for all SO HF CW & SSB
operations due to its advanced SO2R features; in the future I'll use CT-Win--the
industry standard which everyone knows how to use--for all multi-ops and N1MM
for VHF and digital contests).

Most of the EUs I worked wanted a serial number (which I gave out), I assume
they were in the ARI test.  I can count these Qs for NEQP, yes?  Not much
activity on 15m or 10m, I called dozens of CQs on those bands without response
even tho there seemed to be propagation, especially to the south.

A station with the call 1K2XSE called me on 20m SSB.  That's a "One Kilo Two"
prefix.  I asked him twice if he meant "Italy Kilo Two" and he confirmed that he
meant "One Kilo Two."  Anyone else work him?  I've had 'freebanders' call me on
10m during contests with their wanna-be calls, but this didn't seem like one of
those.

Next year I vow to operate this contest SO2R and go for the gold.  I really like
the 1am to 9am time off!

73,
Bill NT1Y (ex-AA6TT)