[3830] Int Sprint CW N2NL/MM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@n2nl.net
Subject: [3830] Int Sprint CW N2NL/MM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 17:05:05 -0700
                    Internet CW Sprint Contest

Call: N2NL/MM
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL/MM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: R2
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   40:
   20:  120        2
---------------------
Total:  120   Total Score = 120

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Big time frustration - poor antenna (20m hamstick C-clamped to the flight deck),
poor operator (very rusty) = the most fun I've had on the radio in recent
memory.

I had a blast overall - the CW Sprint is far and away my favorite contest
format.  It's just too bad I couldn't have gotten on from home.  G4BUO was more
than twice as loud as anyone else I worked over the entire 2 hour period, and I
was usually beaten out by other callers.  RA0BA was loudest station on the band
for the 1st hour.

I'm sure W4AN had fun looking down on this one as his name got bashed from
Fisher to Fister, Fihser, Fissure, and I'm sure a couple others.  The
"passing-of-the-name" makes this even more fun.

Unfortunately I had to quit a few minutes early so they could set up the walk-in
movie theater - they're currently showing "Top Gun" on the flight deck with a
Powerpoint projector pointed at the closed hanger door.  Our location during the
contest was mid-way between Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

Looking forward to getting home in 5 days, after 67 at sea.

73, Dave N2NL/MM