[3830] WPX CW DJ2QV SO(TS)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DJ2QV SO(TS)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 02:49:31 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DJ2QV
Operator(s): DJ2QV
Station: DJ2QV

Class: SO(TS)AB HP
QTH: Schwelm
Operating Time (hrs): ~35

------------
  160:    0
   80:  182
   40:  482
   20:  637
   15:  354
   10:  150
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi !
Operated from a more or less portable setup at my local radio clubs QTH.
Went into the contest with almost no sleep in advance because antennas had to be
raised and I just could not leave QRL as early as I had planned.
Condx were nice on 10m with short skip propagation on both days.
20m was the band to be but with an old TH3 at only 10m height, it is not always
fun. Runs were slow and S&P was usually more efficient.
Many thanks to DK9DY and DL5DCN who helped me with the installation of the 40m
VP2E.

Rig:

FT-1000MP - PA Drake L4B
Antennas: 3 ele Tribander TH3 @ 10m, VP2E for 40m (Apex @ 15m), 80m Dipole @
8m
Packet Cluster access via GPRS Mobile Phone to DB0SUE-7 worked excellent all the
time.

See you in the next Contest !

73 de DJ2QV
Maik