[3830] All Asian CW N6RO SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ken@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW N6RO SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:24:09 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  101    47
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  101    47  Total Score = 9,494

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

QRN from the typhoon south of Japan may have kept activity down on 80m. All my
QSOs except three were by CQing, only heard five Asians calling CQ.  Modified
the 2L delta loop array to JA, and it heard better than the 4Square.

It took almost as long to draft the log submission, as it did to work the
contest!  JARL still insists on their own custom format, instead of the
now-universal Cabrillo.   Thirty years ago, this was one of my favorite tests,
but activity has declined.  Most of the calls worked this year, were the same
ones from the '70s, we're all just older, and still enjoying contesting!