[3830] DL-DX RTTY VA7ST SOAB-12-Dipole LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] DL-DX RTTY VA7ST SOAB-12-Dipole LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 11:20:24 -0700
                    DL-DX RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB-12-Dipole LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   2    20     3
   40:  16   165    10
   20:  65   720    27
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  83   905    41  Total Score = 37,105

Club:

Comments:

Conditions weren't good here -- had line noise at S7 at times. I suspect a
neighborhood power line insulator has gone haywire. 15m was unworkable without
the noise blanker, and with noise suppression, the band sounded like someone put
a pillow over it. Don't know why 15m has been like that lately, when 10m seems
normal (dead, but normal).

Not a lot of countries worked -- only 15 on 20m. The low bands were a wreck,
with only 2 Qs on 80.

Thanks to K0FX for the QSY to 80m in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Took us a
few minutes to get the exchange through, till I switched to my highest dipole
generally facing CO and tied in the tuner. Great patience Don. Sorry it took me
so long to find the right wires.

Last year, using the low Spider Beam and even lower dipoles, I finished with
just over 5,000 points. This time out, I topped 30,000 points with just dipoles.
Height and a better visual horizon make a difference. Can hardly wait to get the
tower and CL33 in the air later this summer.

This was definitely a fun event. I'll see everyone in the 2005 running.

73, Bud VA7ST