[3830] IARU NX5M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NX5M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:14:03 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KB5ZFO, NT5TU, KU5B, K5GA
Station: NX5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    8      0      6
   80:   53      6     16
   40:  149     45     44
   20:  505    644     75
   15:  227    285     49
   10:   18     18     10
---------------------------
Total:  960    998    200  Total Score = 1,234,800

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I think my station is falling apart!  Had to fix stuff the night before and even
during the contest.
As always, enjoyed operating again with NT5TU and KB5ZFO.  Wonderful to have
KU5B here for the first time (this guy is a fine op at age 16 already!)
K5GA also made a first time appearance for a few hours Saturday afternoon into
the late evening.
Many band changes at night.  It was hard to leave 20 to go grab q's and mults on
the low bands.
There was a lot of laughter in the wee hours of the night.  But I think we all
got so tired we were just getting silly.
Heard one guy on 40 work someone and give his grid square!
Thunderstorms the day before the contest.  Thunderstorms the afternoon of the
contest but they skirted past us.  Thunderstorms this afternoon too came right
over me.  I think we got lucky again.
It has been several years since operating this contest except for operating a
couple of bands as W1AW/5 in 2002.  I had forgotten how much fun it is.