[3830] IARU K6VVA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K6VVA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:29:39 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: ZONE 6
Operating Time (hrs): 10+

  160:
   80:   34             5
   40:  148             7
   20:  208            23
   15:   14             1
   10:    1             0
---------------------------
Total:  405     0      36  Total Score = 115,290

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Contesting is Addictive...

Original IARU Plan:  2 Hours Max
Amended 4 Addiction:  10+ Hours :-)

Super Bummer Department:
No rig control & being half asleep at 5AM, the first 2 hours
on 40m  got logged as 20m which created later dupe problems
and think screwed me out of some mults. Apologies to those
caught in the aftermath of my QLF.

Observations & Opinions Department:
1. Too many stations were sending CQWW Zones instead of IARU
Zones which was irritating.
2. It never ceases to amaze me how many weak JA stations call
SO FAR OFF frequency.  Apparently, the XIT Default there is
1Khz or more ;-(
3. IMHO, drastic cut-number exchanges beyond 5NN should be
banned from the planet.

Disappointment Department:
I finally put up a used A3 tribander right at dark on Saturday
Night, fixed on Europe up 18ft (feet, not meters), on a slip-up
mast.  No real difference from my Inverted Vee at 28ft on another
pole. The term "Cloud Warmer" comes to mind.

Yes, Contesting is Addictive...and fun!