[3830] NAQP RTTY WO4O Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo4o@juno.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WO4O Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:57:06 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: WO4O
Operator(s): WO4O
Station: WO4O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  104    35
   40:  102    36
   20:  139    40
   15:    7     5
   10:   11     7
-------------------
Total:  363   123  Total Score = 44,649

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Team: TCG Calif Dreamers

Comments:

Wanted to use this event as another opportunity to test the operator and station
for RTTY but knew I was challenged from the get-go.  First half was pure
drudgery. Failed, after numerous attempts, to identfy the cause of the software
problems experienced resulting in constant crashes to my system. After 5 hours I
decided to exchange MMTTY for the WL RTTY Receiver in another attempt to solve
the recurring problem.  Hey, that worked!  By then, however, I was frustrated
and dejected, having lost the rhythm of the game and having to settle for half
my targeted QSOs, Mults and Score.  I plan to be better prepared next time.
Another lesson learned (I hope).  Thanks for the Qs!

73 Ric Wo4o  http://www.qrz.com/callsign/Wo4o