[3830] OhQP K8MR/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8MR/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:02:56 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8MR/M
Operator(s): K8MR, W8DRZ
Station: K8MR/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 20 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   61      0
   40:  537     51
   20:  169     14
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  768     65  CW Mults = 54  Ph Mults = 23  Total Score = 123,277

Club: Northern Ohio DX Association

Comments:

By County:

       CW   SSB
MAHO   17    0
COLU   25    1
CARR   31    1
JEFF   33    5
HARR   33    7
BELM   40    3
MONR   74   10
NOBL   51    9
WASH   60    0
MORG   60    6
PERR   36    2
ATHE   42    0
HOCK   38    3
FAIR   34    4
LICK   40    4
MUSK   45    5
GUER   40    3
TUSC   27    2
STAR   22    0
SUMM   18    0

A fun time as always on the highways, but propagation within Ohio and very close
states was mostly nonexistent on 40. There were only a few brief bursts when the
in state qsos occurred. We worked only 4 counties on SSB, two of which were with
stations in the same county when we worked.

The storms in the area didn't help either.  The first efforts on 80 CW shortly
before sunset took about 10 tries each to work K9NW and WA3HAE.  Things weren't
so bad later, but still not good.  Fortunately we missed the really severe
weather that some of the others encountered.

Thanks to all who participated, and congratulations to the K8BB team for
figuring out how to work people (and multipliers) on SSB and thereby winning the
mobile category.

73 - Jim  K8MR