[3830] NA Sprint CW W3DOS(K9GY) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.p.hall@us.army.mil
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W3DOS(K9GY) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:08:42 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W3DOS
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: W3DOS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   37       2
   40:   71      18
   20:   73      21
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: FRC & PVRC #2

Comments:

"Colin" got on the airwaves again.
http://www.state.gov/secretary/
Operating from the Department of State building.

Found out on Friday that my trial version of Direct I/O had expired.
Signed up for a license but did not get the info before the contest.
Ended up having NO CW computer interface, ugh! At least I had
the LogiKey ;-)

Still need to determine how to turn down the sidetone in the FT-757GX.
That had to be the most annoying thing of the whole contest, hah!
Even the A/C blower was ok compared to that. Ok where's the owner's
manual, hah!

Seemed like some people must of thought I was sending "BC"?
Heck I'm in W3-land not VE7/W3DOS...!
DC is the nation's capital and it ain't MD.

Was happy to see the Heathkit SB-220 hold up during the contest.
There was a problem before with having the A/C on and running the
amp where a fuse would trip in the power box down the hall.
My Dad, NS7I, and I put together a SB-220 back when I was in my teens!

In this contest, I missed my midwest QTH and the vertical I had there.
Guess it doesn't help to have antennas at 100+ feet for domestic tests, hah!

Weather was great here. Took a break from the WAE SSB and before the
Sprint started and walked down to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
They are doing some lighting construction and half of it is closed.
Nice to see all the people visiting.

Had fun although was hoping for the 250 range.

God Bless the USA!
Eric K9GY/4