[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:54:02 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   75
   40:  116
   20:   91
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: FRC & PVRC #1

Comments:

Still the best contest in my book! Think I did some head tricks on myself that
cost a few Qs. After getting beat out when answering others CQs three or four
times in a row I'd start thinking I should be on another band rather than
focusing on the current band. One of my lp goals is to break the 300 Q barroer.
I was halfway there when I worked W1NN at 0200, but I had already milked 40
quite heavily, so I figured the sledding during the second half was going to be
tough, and it was. Part of my logic in starting o 40 is that I seem to be more
competitive there than on 20 and the activity at the beginning isn't as intense
as it is on 20. I figure once I move to 20 a number of the hi pwr folks would
have already worked a bunch of stations increasing my chances at busting the
pilesup. Might rethink starting on 20 in the next one. While I found SO2R to be
an advantage in NAQP, the Sprint is simply too intense for me to use it to it's
full advantage. In fact about all I used it for was watching for other band
activity. I most certainly missed Bill and Jim as well as the Floridians who
were either recovering from earlier hurricanes or preparing for Ivan if not
both. As always thanks to the folks that sponsor and adjudicate this contest!