[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:41:09 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: W4IY
Operator(s): NUMEROUS
Station: W4IY

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FM08 Flag Pole Knob
Operating Time (hrs): 33

    6:  394    66
    2:  444    70
  222:  129    51
  432:  168    48
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1135   235  Total Score = 336,755

Club: Woodbridge Wireless

Comments:

The W4IY VHF Contest Group completed another fun and safe trip up and back from
Flag Pole Knob, VA at 4300? ASL.  The bands were relatively flat during the
contest but the weather was great.  This was the first time in a while that we
did not have to lower a tower/antennas because of high SWR usually caused by
water in one of the many connections on the towers.  We put up 5 towers this
time and added some new equipment to the stations.  The station breakdowns are
as follows:

50 MhZ  Single Force 12 7 element Yagi pointed NE
        Two Stack of Force 12 7 element yagis
        IC746Pro
        Modified SB 221 by King Conversions (900 Watts)

144 Mhz Two stack of C3I FO15 15 element Yagis (Thanks to Owen at C3I for his
quick response to our order)
        IC746Pro
        Commander Amp (800 Watts)

222 Mhz Two Stack of Cushcraft 220B Boomers
        SSB Mast Mounted Preamp
        FT736
        FAA Amp (400 Watts)

432 Mhz Four Stack (vertically) of Cushcraft 424B Boomers
        SSB Mast Mounted Preamp
        TS 2000
        Henry Amp (400 Watts)

Thanks for all the Qs and we?ll see you next June from Flag Pole Knob.