[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3KA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ka@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3KA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:10:40 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  143    78  Total Score = 15,210

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Was not able to spend as much time as I would have liked in the contest. Had car
problems on Saturday that needed looking after and did not get on until about
2200 and found I missed most of the good tropo opening. Operated until about
0200 Sunday AM and picked up some nice grids down towards Michigan and Ohio with
strong signals. Nice conditions overall on Saturday night with loud signals all
the way up to 432 MHz. Was on and off throughout Sunday but never did see any
tropo enhancements of any consequence, just the "normal" range of stations.

My total QSO number was about the same as my previous personal best results, but
worked more grids this time around and my score is the best ever.

Was not able to get the new 17 el 220 MHz  or the 4 x 55 el array on 1296 up in
time. They WILL be up for January!