[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX(@WV9S) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX(@WV9S) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:02:18 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: WV9S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   76
   40:   67
   20:   58
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC

Comments:

No antennas up yet at my new home QTH.  With 1.5 hours to go before the contest,
I was still not sure if I was going to do this one from my truck, like I did for
CW weekend... or try to string up some antennas at the home QTH... or try to
guest op somewhere.  Wound up with the latter... contacted local ham and
all-around great guy WV9S at 22:30z, and he said "Come on over!"  Had high SWR
on 40m which required use of tuner.  Overall, I thought conditions were terrible
-- could not work any east coast on 20m.  Certainly was a bad contest to go low
power!  But I had fun, as usual.  Gotta love the SSB Sprint!!

Set-up at WV9S:

   RADIO:  IC-746 @ 100w
   ANTENNAS:
     20m:  TH6DXX @ 42ft
     40m:  Half-sloper @40ft
     80m:  Half-sloper @40ft

Thanks to WV9S for the use of his station, especially with less than 2 hrs
notice!  See ya'll in February, hopefully with decent antennas and high power
from my new home QTH!

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@qth.com