[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7RI(K7SS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7RI(K7SS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:06:52 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K7RI
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:
   40:
   20:
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Out of the blocks on 20 felt like it was gonna be one of those really good
high scoring sprints. Did over 100 in the first hour and visions of 350-400
kept flashing...then WHAM...the wind stopped and the doldrums hit...

Went to 40 way earlier than usual, as 20 petered out, and again the rate was
great, but only for about a half hour, and after having worked most of the usual
suspects left me begging and scraping.

Back to 20 to hunt for casuals and hope for some new mults...and the late 2nd
and all 3rd hour grind began. With the exception of the short burst when hitting
75 for the first time the whole last 2 1/2 hours felt like it
was slogging through mud.

Was activity down? hard to believe I had to scramble to find AZ, UT, NV from up
here. Seems like many states were represented by just one station.
Well guess we best get used to lower scores as the cycle slides.

Missed some guys calling due to city QRN blanket of S5 on 20 and 40. Talked to
KL2A afterwards and his beach location with a vertical was hearing everything
with no noise. Guess these days we can't have it both ways. Time to get that
remote working. Only clear channel East stations heard here on 75 were K4XS and
KW8N both sounding like local W7s.

Congrats to 2nd time Sprinter Mitch K7RL (who you will be finding at the top of
the listings from now on) who wound up with a big score. Thanks again to Tom
K7RI and Carrie W7KAT, for the station.

See you all in February....(what ever happened to the 3 sprints a year idea?)

73
Dan(ny) K7SS op K7RI
desk@nwlink.com