[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:36:16 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   62
   40:   69
   20:   68
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC No. 1

Comments:

I forgot that I had committed to operating the fone sprint until mail from Pete
N4ZR showed that I was on the PVRC team! NAQP and Sprint are about the only fone
contests I'll operate now days. I may give SS fone a try with SO2R, but getting
beat up by the HP guys just isn't a lot of fun. At least on CW one can
frequently finess their way through things, but fone is pretty much brute force!
Last time I suggested that domestic contests should be limited to low power,
someone said "give us a choice". Unfortunately those that limit themselves to
low power for whatever reasons have no choice. My point isn't trying to "even
the playing field", it's simply trying to make domestic contests a little more
fun for everyone (I know, it's not as much fun for the big boys if they don't
have the rock crushing full power signals). Oh yeah, I do have a choice - it's
called the on/off button on the radio. Soap box down.

73 de Lar K7SV