[3830] NA Sprint SSB WI9WI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB WI9WI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:25:22 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

   80:   42
   40:   64
   20:   30
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC

Comments:

Last weekend I did CW from our cabin in northern WI with decent antennas. I lost
all my antennas except for my 2 meter beam as well as most of our trees at our
house in Madison  in the tornado that hit in late June. Most are repairable but
haven't had the time to do it. About 2 hrs before the sprint started I hauled a
135 ft dipole up one of the remaining trees about 20 ft high. It loaded well on
all 3 bands. The start on 20 was very slow, only left coast and Texas signals,
and high noise levels. Didn't work a single eastern station on 20. Forty was
quite a bit better, and 80 not too bad. Got beat out in every mini pileup. I
apologize for all the requests for repeats that I made. Good fun anyway.

73

Jim