[3830] CQ WW RTTY G0DEZ SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dez.zc4dw@virgin.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY G0DEZ SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:42:18 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: G0DEZ
Operator(s): G0DEZ
Station: G0DEZ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31:09

   80:
   40:  412  885      20      59    19
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  412  885      20      59    19  Total Score = 86,730

Club:

Comments:

This was my first contest in over four years that I?ve entered from G. The
pileups and high run rates from ZC4DW are all history. I had forgotten how tough
condx are on 40m with low power, a poor aerial, and an unexciting prefix. But
nevertheless, each contest presents it?s unique challenge ? wherever you are and
whatever your station.

I decided on 40, and pre-contest I was hoping for 200 Q?s, maybe 50 DXCC and
would have been pleased with about 12 zones. So it was much to my amazement that
the final QSO total doubled my initial expectations.

Not having been on the air for over a year, I had no idea what 40m condx might
be like but I somehow got the impression things were pretty good up there.

The highlights, apart from exceeding my goals, were, KH7X an hour after my
sunrise, KP2D, HI3TEJ, HC8N, K7RL (Washington), and ZL2AMI on the long path,

Those that got away were, EM1HO (zone 13 Antarctica), VU2WAP, YE0ANA, couple of
VK?s and several JA?s. All were double mults and very readable, but the low
power just couldn?t crack ?em.

Next time!

Rig:            FT-1000MP MK-V
Ant:            End fed wire