[3830] CQ WW RTTY VK2IMM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sergeysh@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VK2IMM SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 03:03:02 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VK2IMM
Operator(s): VK2IMM
Station: VK2IMM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   16   46       2       8     7
   20:   74  212       7      35    20
   15:   56  157       3      16    13
   10:    7   18               3     3
Total:  153  433      12      62    43  Total Score = 50,661

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS 440S at 100W AFSK
S/W: MixW 2.12
Ant: Reduced size dipoles for 10-20 M
     7.8 M Vertical for 40 M
     all balcony mounted

I worked this contest from home location in central Sydney what means using only
small size balcony mounted antennas to me. This created a few challenges
especially on 20 M. The band conditions were rather good with plenty of stations
to work at the time of peak propagation. Final score could have been much higher
if I had reply from most stations I called.

10M produced some surprisingly loud signals from Japan but there was not too
many stations to work.

Worked KH7X on all four bands, great signal! Some memorable QSO with OH2BP on 40
M, only one on few EU worked on that band.

There was some concerns with getting proper received call sign acknowledgement
from far end station. I discarded several contacts because of that. I think this
is good to send received callsign twice in some conditions.

Thank you everyone

Sergey VK2IMM