[3830] CQ WW RTTY W6YX M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W6YX M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:43:31 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6UFO  KJ9U  N7MH  W6LD  AA6XV
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   80:  134   176       39       8    10
   40:  263   549       38      37    23
   20:  256   591       38      68    27
   15:  281   636       37      61    24
   10:   23    56        1      10     9
Total:  957  2008      153     184    93  Total Score = 863,440

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Due to lower than usual staffing, we entered as a Multi-Single. We missed the
first half hour working a computer problem, had only a single
operator for Friday and most of Saturday, and missed
seven hours of operating in the middle of Saturday.  We made up for
it by having all five of us there on Sunday!

Since both no-tune amps were being repaired, we operated
low power, which made it generally harder to work Europeans. Our
new 80m four-square array is fun to use, but just couldn't get
us into Europe on 80m at low power, though we could hear some Europeans.

10 meters was definitely open Sunday afternoon, we were hearing
stations from South America, North America, Australia and Japan,
but hardly anyone showed up.

Thanks for the contacts!

K6UFO