[3830] TxQP K5PTC(@N1LN) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@consolidated.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5PTC(@N1LN) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:42:42 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5PTC
Operator(s): N1YXU, KU5B, K5WAF, W5PF, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:   42      13
   40:  123     580
   20:  209     809
   15:  128     106
   10:    1       1
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  503    1509     0  Mults = 281  Total Score = 1,290,587

Club:

Comments:

What a wild ride again this year?.and we never left the comfort of the HAM SHACK
! ! !

I would first like to thank all the Texas Mobiles for once again making the
long and perhaps often 'eventful' travels all over the state.   They make this
contest possible ! ! !  We worked a total of 180 counties and had 18,500 Texas
mobile bonus points.

Second - I would like to thank H.O. - K5CX, for once again doing an excellent
job with the promoting and marketing of the TQP.   The Texas QSO Party
continues to grow every year with increased mobile participation, stateside
participation and DX participation.    For an example - we were called this year
by a station from the Philippines that was chasing Texas counties.

This was the first time that a multi-multi activity was attempted from the QTH
of N1LN and N1YXU and it was a big success.   The radio equipment, antennas,
computers and even the operators never missed a beat for the 18 hour event.
Guess that second tower and yagi's were worth the expense and effort.  Also,
a big thanks to Wayne and Ron - WriteLog was the software of choice and it was
excellent.  Three computers networked, soundboard DVK (including record on the
fly), CW, and DX cluster mgmt were all smooth.  We did have some noticeable
interference from Mike - K5UO :-)))  For some reason, Mike and I can hear each
other very well - running a KW and living only about 1/4 mile from each
other.

Congratulations to the NX5M M/M team for turning in a fantastic score !!! Bob, I
thought you guys were going to shut down for a big steak dinner?  Did you have
room service?

In closing - the competition for the top Texas club aggregate trophy is once
again hot and heavy.  The scores will be higher, the Q counts will be higher,
the log submissions will be higher and.....so now we wait.   ._...

See you next year -

The K5PTC Team (Pesky Texan Contesters)or, perhaps the "P T Cruisers"