[3830] TxQP AD5CA Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP AD5CA Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:56:40 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: AD5CA
Operator(s): AD5CA, KC5YKX, N6TCF
Station: AD5CA

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH: Texas Mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:         158      52
   20:         145      24
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:          19       6
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     322     644  Mults = 92  Total Score = 76,748

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Tried an M/2 mobile and it did not quite work as well as we wanted. Some
interstation interference and other noise that was not from the vehicel. We got
a late start installing the equipment and did not have alot of time to work out
the bugs. We will do better next time.

20 phone was absolutly sorry. I got lots of signal reports that said I was
booming but little activity to prove it. 40 was hit and miss. I think we where
getting out fine but the rx was lacking. I think the screwdriver antenna we
where using had a bit of problem.

It was a blast activating the 15 counties we did along with KD5WZV. Work KD5WZV
in 15 counties, K5NA in 5 and K5P in 5. Pretty sorry comnpaired to 2002 when
work a dozen or mobiles in 5 or more. Oh well like I said we will do better next
year. Congrats to K5NA on a fabulous M/3 rover. You guys ROCK! Thanks to
everyone for the Qs!

Icom 706MKIIG w/ Screwdriver antenna on 40M
Icom 746Pro w/ Hustler 20M antenna on 20M
WriteLog networked between laptops.

Reid
KC5YKX