[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA7IRL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VA7IRL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:30:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA7IRL
Operator(s): VA7IRL
Station: VA7IRL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Richmond, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   80:  20            11       1     4
   40:  52            19       9    12
   20:   1             1       0     1
   15:   1             1       0     1
   10:   1             1       0     1
Total:  75   151      33      10    19  Total Score = 9,362

Club:

Comments:

Once again, W7AY's excellent cocoaModem application made operating in an RTTY
contest an absolute pleasure.

I feel I did OK, given the hours I had to operate (2200 - 0200 local on the
Friday night and 2100 - 0030 on the Saturday). With the exception of VE7FO who
walked the bands with me (thanks, Jim!), all my operation was on a vertical on
40 and a low wire on 80 (20 was closed by the time I got to my radio).
Highlights being ZX7A, YV6BTF, DK3GI (a real treat!), ZL3TE (another beauty!)
and HC8N (when it was hard - not an hour later when my 3 week old daugher could
have worked him - there's a lesson for me there!) all on 40. Also got some JAs -
expected way more, but suspect that I didn't stay up late enough to get them on
40.

Figured how to use the SSB slope tune on my TS940S/AT to cut down at least some
of the QRM, but I'd love either an FSK keyer for cocoaModem (hint, hint, Chen!)
or a narrow SSB filter for the rig. No pressure, Chen, but there are no narrow
SSB filters for the 940..... :-)

Just bought a Drake low-pass filter for my rig, so the XYL will be able to watch
TV in peace next time!

Loving RTTY more and more each time I try it - when's the next one?