[3830] JARTS NB1B Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] JARTS NB1B Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:38:09 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: NB1B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:   44    93    19
   40:  116   271    42
   20:  371   978    78
   15:  269   757    74
   10:   43   109    25
-------------------------
Total:  843  2208   238  Total Score = 525,504

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Electronics:FT1000MP (50Watts), FSK, MMTTY, Writelog, 750MHz Athlon, AW-640
Soundcard
Antennas: 20-15-10M, C3 20M above ground, 80-40M G5RV 16M above ground.

10M: The "spotlight" effect was very evident- was it Sporadic E?  I worked
SV3EHU and SV8CS just pounding in, but only heard one other European- 9A5W.
9A5W was S8 one minute- and gone the next.  CN8KD was workable for several
hours, as were the other Africans, but no other Europeans were even heard.
15M: Missed the JA opening Saturday evening due to a dinner engagement.
20M: The money band at this stage of the sunspot cycle.
40M: Surprisingly, my G5RV and 50W made it to VK6HD, FO5PS, and ZL2AMI. ALso
fortunate that ZC4LI called me in the last hour of the contest- I had tried to
call him earlier but the pileup was just too much.
80M: Heard a lot of Europeans, but not many could hear me!

The only US call area/band I didn't work was W8 on 10M.  Thanks to the several
8's that QSYed for me- I just couldn't hear you.

After 3 RTTY efforts in the past month, RTTY contesting is now #2, behind CW
contesting, as an enjoyable past time.  I think I'm converted.

Thanks for the QSOs.

Dennis NB1B