[3830] CQ WW RTTY M0GTO/P SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, M0GTO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY M0GTO/P SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:32:24 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: M0GTO/P
Operator(s): M0GTO
Station: M0GTO/P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IO91SC
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  121   253       9       38     8
   40:   27    56       0       19     5
   20:  323   776      38       51    20
   15:  261   699      38       45    22
   10:
Total:  732  1784      85      153    55  Total Score = 522,712

Club:

Comments:

Rig: TS870S 80 - 90W out
Software: Writelog 10.48 + MMTTY
Antennas: 10/15/20m A3S @ 15m agl
          40m HFV1 Vertical + dipole 9m agl
          80m HFV1 Vertical

My home location near central London precludes any sort of viable contest
operation, either in terms of power or more particularly antenna(s). My contest
activity is entirely /P at an address around 90 miles from home, which makes for
a long, tiring, lonely weekend. This time I had originally intended to try a
basic form of SO2R, with a separate rig/antenna on 10m only. However a lack of
time to rig in the dark late on Friday evening, together with a computer which
wouldn't boot past the WIN98 screen dictated otherwise.

Thoroughly enjoyed the contest, and will next time improve antenna on 40m, which
was a total let-down! In order to get more than 1 QSO on 40, I lashed up a
dipole at 30ft agl for an hour on sunday evening - what an improvement on the
apparent dummy load I had used previously.

Next time???

Jeff Bateman
M0GTO